Boilers for Food and Beverage Processing
A high-functioning boiler is a crucial component of the food and beverage processing industry. Industrial and commercial steam boilers ensure that food products like meat, fruits and vegetables are sanitary and safe for consumption. When food processing boilers experience malfunctions or damage, it’s essential that you replace them as soon as possible to minimize downtime.
In the event of an inoperable boiler, you can either rent or purchase a substitute to maintain production in your facility. At Smith Hughes, we carry a wide range of high-quality steam boilers for the food industry. Our knowledgeable and experienced team is dedicated to providing our customers with the reliable equipment and turnkey solutions they need.
Boiler Rooms in a Food Processing Plant
Boilers use fossil fuels like natural gas, fuel oil and coal to produce heat energy in the form of steam, contributing to many essential processes in the food industry. Because these units can reliably maintain high pressures and temperatures, they’re versatile for use in cooking appliances and sanitary wash-down.
No matter what your boiler’s purpose is, it should perform three actions:
- Sterilization: Food safety is the number one priority in the food processing industry. That’s why food packaging and manufacturing facilities need steam boilers to clean, disinfect and sanitize all tools and surfaces involved in food production. Boilers prevent harmful bacteria and germs from infiltrating tabletops and transferring over to food products.
- Food preparation: Many food processing plants cook their food before selling it to the public. These companies often use the steam and hot water from boilers to cook, cure and dry their foods.
- Heating: Steam boilers are essential for food production, but they’re also used for temperature maintenance in processing plants. Boilers in the food industry act as a significant heat source that aids in climate control, keeping workers comfortable as they do their jobs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Boiler for Your Processing Plant
Buying or renting a new boiler for food processing is an important decision. If you’re in the market for a new food processing boiler, there are numerous factors to consider to choose a model that will benefit your company. It’s important to carefully evaluate your company’s needs, expectations and requirements before choosing a unit.
Consider these five factors when determining which boiler you should use:
- Price: You can narrow down your boiler search by establishing a price range. Weighing your options by evaluating your budget is a great way to get the most value out of your investment. For example, if a boiler you’re interested in has a high initial cost but is well-rated for reliability and efficiency, the long-term cost savings may justify the higher price.
- Efficiency: One of the biggest costs associated with boilers is fuel and water, so it’s essential to choose a boiler that’s as energy-efficient as possible. Try finding a boiler that conserves resources without sacrificing productivity. This balance is critical in keeping energy costs low while maintaining high production levels.
- Size: Consider the amount of space available in your facility to determine what size boiler best suits your needs. Larger units tend to use more energy but are better for producing higher volumes of steam and water. On the other hand, smaller boilers save space and energy but produce lower steam and water volumes.
- Emissions: Reducing emissions is key in sustaining a greener environment and adhering to federal emissions standards. There are certain boilers that are designed to minimize the release of harmful gases.
- Performance: When it comes to purchasing a boiler, you want the highest performance levels for the price. Be sure to look into performance specifications like heat output capacity, thermal and temperature efficiency and maximum pressure.
Food Processing Boiler Rentals
In the event of a boiler malfunction, renting a boiler is an excellent solution for unexpected emergencies. Without a boiler in the food processing plant, it becomes impossible to sterilize important surfaces and instruments, maintain comfortable temperatures and prepare products for consumption. When you rent a replacement boiler, you can minimize downtime, prevent dips in productivity and ensure food production continues as usual.
Rental boilers are also highly beneficial when product demand is especially high due to business growth, seasonal sales or other situational factors. You can keep up with these market changes and ensure you meet industry demands by temporarily renting another boiler.
Many companies perform regular maintenance on their food processing boilers to sustain high functionality and performance levels. If your boiler is due for inspections or servicing, you can rent a substitute to maintain production while your unit is out of commission.
At Smith Hughes, we carry an extensive selection of dependable and efficient boilers for rent that will serve as the perfect short-term solution to your boiler needs.
Buying a Boiler for Your Processing Facility
When you purchase a brand-new boiler, you make an investment that will support your business for decades. If you don’t already own a boiler or want to add an extra unit to your facility, buying new is an excellent option. Boiler purchases are also beneficial when repairing your current boiler would cost more than replacing it entirely. Buying a boiler also gives companies more options when it comes to selecting the make, model and specifications of your unit.
Contact Smith Hughes for Your Food Processing Boiler Needs
If you’re looking to rent or buy food processing boilers, choose Smith Hughes for all your needs. With over 75 years of industry experience, we are your destination for high-quality products and services. As the only distributor in the Cincinnati area that provides customers with complete turnkey packages nationwide, you can trust us to deliver the solutions that will bring you the most value.
We offer 24/7/365 emergency services to help you minimize downtime and maintain productivity. When you call us, we’ll send our certified technicians to your facility as quickly as possible. For more information about our boiler rentals and sales, fill out our online form or give us a call at 513-271-2226 today.
Request a Quote