USING CHART A
- Select Separator Size from Chart “A” by matching your Operating Pressure and Bottom Blowdown Valve Size. The largest size valve and highest pressure should be used for multiple boilers.
- From Chart “A” read the height “H” of the separator, “I” the inlet size to match blowdown valve size, “D” the drain and “V” atmospheric steam vent recommended sizes. All connections come standard as NPT. Flanges are optional.
- All Separators are 14″ in diameter and are ASME Code “UM” designed and stamped for 250 psig at 450 deg. F. Select plate thickness of 5/16″ or 3/8″ as local regulations required. Add for National Board “U” Stamping when required. Flanged units are limited in pressure to flange rating and would be stamped accordingly.
- The separator size is now determined and the piping can follow these sizes. Separators are designed to quietly exhaust steam to atmosphere at 90 dB(A) or less and operate at a pressure of less than 5 psig. Drain sizing includes cooling water required for 140 deg. F. drain temperature. Select cooling valve size from chart “B” .
USING CHART B
- Depending upon the temperature of the cooling water used, locte the section of the chart which applies, 50-70 or 71-80 F.
- At the top of the chart locte Separator Inlet size and in left column under the section selected in step one, locate Boiler Operating Pressure. You now have a selection of three valve sizes.
- From the top of chart select the cooling water line pressure, either 40, 50 or 60 and read the desired valve and line size.
- A pressure reducing valve should be used prior to temp regulator for cooling water above 60 PSIG.
USING CHART C
- Use Set Pressure of Valves and Boiler MBH or BHP x 33.3 to determine Sep. “H”eight, “D”rain and “V”ent Size.
- Separator Inlet Size is deterined by Relief Valve, Outlet Size. When two or more valves are manifolded together, the Inlet size must be larger than the combeines Cross Sectional area of Valves’ Outlets (See Chart C1).
- Separator Diameter is 14″ except:
16″ diameter when Inlet is 4″ and Vent is 5″ or larger
18″ diameter when Inlet is 5″ and Vent is 5″ or larger
- Plate Thickenss 5/16″ or 3/8″ as required by Local Regulations.
All Separators are constructed to ASME Code.