VAPOR POWER HIGH PRESSURE COMPACT STEAM BOILERS
The Modulatic® Line of High Pressure Compact Steam Boilers
Low Cost, High Pressure for Industrial Applications
Single Pass Water Tube Units, 300 BPH and 3100 psig 10, 350 lbs/hour
Key Features of The Modulatic® High Pressure Compact Steam Boiler
- Rapid start up - from cold start to full load in five minutes.
- Low cost coil replacement - multiple coil design permits damaged coil replacement.
- High quality steam - guaranteed 99% + dry steam.
- Minimum prepurge energy loss - smaller size unit allows proper prepurge in seconds.
- Minimal soot problems - separate combustion chamber prevents coating coils with partially burned fuels.
- Simplified fuel switching - only have to turn selector, no burner changes required.
- Low fuel requirements - air preheating and refractory lined chamber for complete combustion.
- Minimum off-on cycling - turndown ratios up to 10 to 1 for handling wide range of loads.
- Quick response to load changes - cycle time of less than one minute.
- Low installation costs - packaged, compact units require only 60% of floor space needed for firetube boilers.
- Complete line - nine sizes to permit proper selection. Safe design - no latent energy in the unit. Risk of catastrophic failure is eliminated.
- Long life expectancy, rugged design and components, ASME design.
- Coils are designed for a minimum of 1000 psi in thicker coil walls for longer life.
- Easy access to burners - end mounted burner is simple to maintain.
COMPACT STEAM BOILERSPECIFICATIONS AND DATA
The Modulatic® High Pressure Compact Steam Boiler
The Modulatic® steam generator is a once through, forced circulation, water tube boiler in which water under pressure circulates at high velocity through a series of coils while forced draft combustion gases travel across the outside of the coils. The hot gases envelope the entire tube surface, making maximum use of both radiant and convective heat to achieve very high heat transfer rates. Water is forced by the feedwater pump into the series connected multiple coil assembly where 90% of the water is converted to steam. The steam and the remaining 10% unevaporated water are carried from the boiler to the separator (where unevaporated water is separated form the steam), providing 99%+ dry steam output. Solids collect at the separator bottom and are blown out when the blow down valve is opened. Close tracking of load variations is possible through use of a patented bypass regulator which continuously senses steam pressure.
The control changes feedwater volume to the coils in response to every change in steam demand. This modulated flow of feedwater varies the amount of steam output without the thermal shock of on-off feedwater pump action experienced in conventional boilers.
In addition, a patented servo fuel control accurately adjusts fuel and air for the most efficient combustion mixture by continually monitoring changes in the feedwater flow. Inefficient burner cycling is eliminated, fluctuating demands are satisfied and steam pressure is held constant. The design is such that the boiler cannot be fired without water being fed into the coils.
An integral control panel contains all controls and indicators necessary for the safe operation of the unit. A programmed operating sequence is also incorporated for simplified startup.
Free Start-Up Service
A qualified service representative is on hand for two consecutive days during start-up to assure trouble-free operation and provide on-site operator training.
Built to Meet Standards
Every unit is built to ASME Standards, Hartford inspected and National Board registered. Coast Guard, American Bureau of Shipping, Factory Mutual, Industrial Risk Insurers, Lloyds and other approvals are also available upon request.
All units are fire tested for up to three days at the factory, with their individual controls to assure proper operation and to allow for control adjustments, which avoid installation delays.